Thursday, September 2, 2010

MAIL!!!!

Today I was sitting in another math department meeting after a long day of work.  Not my favorite thing to do after school, but it comes with the job.  So anyways, I was more that overjoyed to see two students come to my classroom door holding none other than 2 pieces of mail.  Since there were about 5 teachers sitting in my room, I waited to get too excited since the mail could have been for any of us.  But I was thrilled to hear them say, "Ms. Pittman?" and of course I jumped to my feet and ran to the door to get my first letters from home.  All of the other teachers were a bit jealous I would imagine ( I would be if someone else got TWO letters and I didn't get any).  I could hardly wait to tear into them, but of course I had to wait until the meeting was over. 
After everyone finally left my room, I read my 2 letters, which actually turned out to be 3 because Lindsay sent me the sweetest note (it was inside my parents card). You can probably guess who sent the third letter (all the way from St. Louis). 

First mail from home:  Mom and Dad (plus Linds:-)  and Jeremy!

Both made me smile (and tear up a little), yes I'm still a little emotional when it comes to feeling homesick. 

Moral of the story: Getting mail is AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment