Sunday, September 26, 2010

Solo en Espanol los Domingos

Nuevo Regla: Sole en Espanol los Domingos.

Today I went to church with the Martinez family and we went out for breakfast and coffee afterwards, as usual.  I am really starting to love this tradition.  Not only is the company amazing, but I am hopefully going to be learning some more Spanish.  On the way home today, Rosela said, "Well if you guys are going to continue to come with us then we are only going to speak Spanish on Sundays." We joked about how quiet our Sundays would be from now on, but really I am very excited to learn.  It is pretty intimidating to try and speak a new language, but Mr. Martinez, Rosela, and MariaJose and are all very patient and super helpful. 

Tim came with us today, and as we sat in Dunkin Donuts finishing up our coffee the conversation turned to Tim's love life.  Apparently Rosela is quite the match maker and is very excited that Tim is single :-) I could not have been happier that I already have a boyfriend. Otherwise I have a good feeling she would have been on my case as well!  Don't worry Jeremy, I told her all about you!  However, she also is NEVER wrong when it comes to relationships and knowing whether or not they will work out.  I told her that she is going to have to meet Jeremy when he comes to visit so she can let us know how it's all going to work out :-) haha

What a great Sunday afternoon.

This past week at school was Spirit Week, where each day had a dress up theme.  They weren't really as exciting as our days when I was in high school, but fun to participate none the less.  Monday was crazy hair day and although I didn't go ALL OUT, I thought my buns on both sides of my head looked pretty crazy.  I was disappointed to find upon my arrival at school that I was among the minority of people who participated.  This was just not acceptable.  When I asked my 10th grade geometry class why none of them had crazy hair, they all said it was because they were too cool.  I just laughed and them and told them that I was the cool one.  Then I got the genius idea to see if I could get them to participate.  I told them that if every single student dressed up everyday for the rest of the week I would give everyone a FREE 100% QUIZ GRADE.  And do you know, those crazy kids actually did it.  Every single one of my 10th grade students dressed up everyday and walked into my classroom as proud as ever.  I was pleased:-)

10th grade on Hat Day (Esther made a hat that said "I love Geometry")

Seniors on Sports Day (I wore my Liberty University Softball shirt, everyone else had soccer jerseys)                                           

1 comment:

  1. This week is Spirit week at IWA. Do I get a 100 if I wear my PJs tomorrow? What fun you have with your class. Way to motivate. Love You!

    ReplyDelete