Wednesday, May 25, 2011

22 Days

Oh, Rafael!

One of my ninth graders had an epiphany this week.  His name is Rafael and he is going to fail math for the year, which means that he has to take a Recuperation Exam.  Basically students have the opportunity to take a week long class and then an exam at the end over all of the material we covered all year and if they pass that exam then they get to pass the class for the year.

So back to Rafael....before class started on Monday he asked me, "Mees, can I come after school for tutoring for the Recups?"

To which I replied, "Of course, I'm here on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays after school.  However, I have one stipulation.  In order to get extra help you have to first pay attention during class."

"But Mees, if I pay attention in class then I won't have to come for extra help."

"You got it!"

Too bad he didn't realize this early, or he probably would have passed my class!

1 comment: