Friday, May 13, 2011

34 Days

Jess and I have been staying with Andrea, Sofi and Gabby for the past couple of days.  It's been fun so far and hopefully the weekend will prove to be a good time.  I'm pretty sure it will be.

Staying at a hotel + 5 girls - school work = Amazing Weekend

The Seniors take their final exams next week, so I am pretty much done teaching their class, with the exception of a review on Monday and then grading the exams.  I am so glad to have one less prep and now even more planning periods in my day!

I've been coaching Math Olympics this semester.  It's been fun because I am coaching the Juniors in Trigonometry and Precalculus.  I've enjoyed the challenge of trying to remember how to do some of the really tough problems.  I have also found that most of the students in Math Olympics are smarter than me, but thankfully, I still know more than them:)  We had a local competition last Saturday and the Conference Competition is tomorrow.

After this weekend, that will be one less thing in my schedule as well. Things are really wrapping up. I'm getting very excited to come home!  I'll miss it here though: My students, my roommates and friends, and the Crooks.  It's been a good year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm counting too!!! 3 weeks from tonight is graduation!! :) That is me smiling broadly. I understand about the fewer preps. I've done my last week of lesson plans - next week. Then it's closing out and assemblies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will enjoy the weekend with the girls at the hotel. Yeah, you will have air condition!! Hope your kids do good at the competition.

    ReplyDelete