Saturday, May 21, 2011

26 Days

For the past 10 days Jess and I have been staying with Andrea, Sofi and Gabby.  I've been trying to convince Andrea to write my next blog for me. So, finally, here are some thoughts from her...

So you may think you have been to an amazing slumber party, but you have never been to one with the Crook girls. First we watched Cheaper By The Dozen. After that we ate chillakiles, (by the way it is fried tortilla bits with cheese and meat). It was all going smooth until we noticed that the meat had a bunch of white fat balls in it. Needless to say, the rest of the night stomachs were churning. But that did not stop us from partying in Hondo (short for Honduras, that's were she is at right now).

Next we played football, but not outside, it was more of a catch and then jump and tackle on the sofa or bed. I thought they were all being a bit exaggerated when they caught it. I was the quarterback (obviously) until the fun ceased because my running back fumbled and knocked the lamp, spilling water that was on the table on the floor. Then they made me clean it up, when it wasn't my fault (it was Jess'). We then made cupcakes and cake (Jess' idea once again), but we got bored waiting for them to cook.

Then we headed abajo, (downstairs) to hear me sing. Ms. Pittman went first and had to dance all over the stage to make up for her lack of stage presence, (by the way I don't need to do that). She sang the song "If We Were a Movie"by Miley Cyrus. Her singing was average and her dancing was average as well. Then it was Sof who went, sang "Your Not Sorry" by my homey Tay-Tay (Taylor Swift). Sofi, who I personally think is a really good singer, probably the best of all of us by far, gave a great performance (which wasn't hard after Ms. Pittman's). Then Jessica Molstre sang Sara Bareilles' song "Love Song". I wonder who she was singing it to? Next up was Gaby, who rocked the house with not only her voice but with her dance moves as well. She sang "I Do" by Colbie Calliat (It is a good song, you should listen to it if you haven't). Then it was the superstars chance to shine (me). I sang "Goodbye" by Miley as well. She was the popular choice for the night. I did not dance around because I did not need to distract the crowd from my voice. The song I sang is a slower paced one so Gaby did an interpretive dance in the background. Naturally, everyone thought my performance was, by far, the best of the night. (After Sofi...and Gaby)

Jess and Gaby headed off to bed (their field trip to the Children's museum tired them out).  Sofi and I wanted to watch "The Prince and Me"(great movie, by the way) and sleepyhead Ms. Pittman said she would watch it with us.  We piled up the cushions from the couch and cuddled on the floor (except Ms. Pittman who quickly fell asleep on the couch).  She looked weird all curled up (don't tell her I said that).  Then as soon as the movie was over we all quickly piled into bed.  I had to sleep next to Ms. Pittman who kicked and snored all night (I think she thought we were still playing football).

Nice talking to you guys, I've gotta go hang out with the coolest teacher ever (I didn't write that).

1 comment:

  1. Andrea - Sounds like it was a great slumber party (wish I could have been there...even though I'm glad I didn't have to listen to the snoring and get kicked!) Thanks for being a great friend to Jenny.

    ReplyDelete