Monday, May 16, 2011

31 Days, (A.K.A. 1 month)

Today was like Christmas for me.  I was sitting in chapel when one of the elementary teachers came in and told me that I had "a bajillion" packages and letters waiting down in the office for me.  I was a little uncertain of what that exactly meant, but I was definitely excited!  After school, I headed down to the office and found 2 letters and 3 big envelopes all for me! I haven't gotten so much stuff in one day in a long time. 

The letters from Jeremy and Courtney (Will and Reese) were absolutely amazing.  I couldn't wait to open them so I (slowly) walked back to my classroom and read/laughed/cried. When you only get mail every now and then, it makes the experience so much more exciting!

Once I got back to my classroom (with Sofi) I tore into my packages and found all sorts of my favorite things: Mike and Ike, Chapstick, pens, pencils, stationary and very sweet letters from the kids back at church!  What a fabulous way to end a tiring Monday!

Just to catch you up: 
Saturday my students did GREAT at Math Olympics!  Both of the teams I teach got a "Superior" score. 
Sunday was baccalaureate. It ended up being nice and short, but incredibly hot.  Not too bad though. The girls were dressed up in pretty dresses and guys were looking sharp.  (Seniors begin their exams tomorrow so I am pretty happy to be done teaching one class!)
The weekend wasn't very relaxing, but getting to go home each day and see the girls and sit on a nice, comfy couch was definitely a perk!  Hopefully next weekend I'll actually get to enjoy a little bit more.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas in May - so happy for you! Also glad your math team did "superior" (must of been the teacher!!) Can't believe it's the one month countdown - very excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Stretch...every teacher's dream! Congrats to your teams! Good Job, Teach!

    ReplyDelete