Thursday, May 5, 2011

42 Days

Look closely...we almost didn't see this guy!
I'm going to summarize the last few days of vaca in this blog because, honestly, I'm getting kinda tired of writing about the trip and I'd rather write about what is going on now.

Thursday:  We went for a hike through a National Park.  It was right on the beach, so we walked through the rainforest and got to see Howler Monkeys, Sloths, some kind of raccoon looking animal, a snake, crabs, spiders, lizards and birds.  It was a cool and flat walk, and if you looked to out to your left the ocean was sparking blue.  Very beautiful!
Kristi and I taking a break

Howler Monkey

There were a lot of Howler Monkeys!

  
Just one of the many lizards we saw!
View of the beach from the walking path

Cheese!

We were super excited to be hiking!

There were random stumps along the path...so of course we used them as stepping stones
And then posed on them!
Everyone taking pictures when we first spotted the monkeys.

Dan walking along the beautiful path

This little guy was sticking his tongue out at me!

Another Howler Monkey

Crab...these were everywhere

Not sure what this is, but I thought it was cool.

I took this for Jeremy!

Some kind of lizard.
Friday: We took a picture at breakfast to remember our wonderful, relaxing mornings at the Blue Conga, and then hit the road. 
Pure Deliciousness

We drove back to San Jose, with one pit-stop, Zip-lining!  We had seen a zip-lining place when we were on our way to the beach and decided that it would be fun to stop on the way back.  It was a great decision, because we ended up having a super fun guide, "J", who liked me, but not Dan ha!  She was really funny.  Zip-lining through the rain forest was pretty great too!

That's "J" in the middle...rocking the Peace Sign
I'm pumped!
Jess and I

I think Matt was a little nervous

Matt, Me and Dan up on one of the canopy platforms
I am actually going backwards in this picture.  I managed to flip around so Matt could take my picture from behind!

We stayed the night at the "pot-smoking" hostel again in San Jose, enjoyed Subway for dinner, and then headed out early the next morning for another 2 days of traveling on a bus.  The borders weren't as bad on the way home,  we made pretty good timing, and even got to go see a movie when we stopped in Managua, Nicaragua on Saturday.  Yes, I've been to Nicaragua :)

Finally, made it home Sunday afternoon (even before schedule), and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon of swapping stories with Laura and of course talking to everyone back home! 

p.s. Happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading about your trip and seeing your pics. To see everything in person must have been amazing. Can't wait to see you in person again!!

    ReplyDelete